inspired by a coworker, these are the days of my life...

Monday, January 07, 2008

so today the salvation army saved me. from a life of clutter and hoarding. they came and collected my unwanted but "too good to throw away" crap. i had drawers, bookshelves, bric a brac and even the y2k novelty (oversized) eye glasses that i'd been saving in case mr snuffleupagas visited.

above is a pretty lazy version of a panoramic photograph of my room. goodluck finding clutter in my new shrine to organisation!

but now that i'm not cleaning my room 24/7 i need to find other things to fill my life. and you know what is doing the job right now? rampant consumerism and holiday planning. this is the outside of my wallet....



this is the inside....



(empty)




but honestly... i am going to have the best february on record. even if it does mean spending my life's savings and five days by myself in dorkland.

in summary:

13th feb
  • fly to dorkland
  • go to pj harvey
14th feb
  • go to interpol and finally FINALLY finally get to achieve my life's ambition: dancing to interpol playing live

15th feb
  • probably hook in to interpol

16th feb
  • sonic youth
17th feb
  • come home on qantas taking advantage of my new 'silver' status with the qantas club. which means i have spent too much on travel in the past 12 months, but also that my chances of being upgraded just get better and better.

my difficulty is that (1) this is turning out to be more expensive than vegas and (2) i am not that in to pj harvey's new stuff and (3) i only know one sonic youth song. but i figured that since they all fell so close to each other i'd be a fool to miss it. to counter (2) and (3) i'm frantically downloading sonic youth and pj harvey songs in an attempt to create familiarity if not adoration. to counter (1) i'm not checking internet banking and hoping that there is a bank error in my favour.

3 comments:

Kitsunegirl said...

I want to worship at the shrine of your efficiency!

Anonymous said...

Who is pj harvey?

Anonymous said...

actually you'd like pj harvey... i'm make you a mixtape some time:)