inspired by a coworker, these are the days of my life...

Tuesday, February 20, 2007


someone once sent me a powerpoint presentation of inspirational statements. my favourite was something about how it is a miserable existence if your only fun time is the weekend. amen, i thought. so i printed it out and put it on my cubicle wall. the boss lady thought i was funny and i won friends and influenced people with my irreverence.

anyway, today was all about having fun time outside of the weekend. because i had the best evening ever (that didn't involve a romantic lead, that is, because romantic leads make evenings pretty awesome also). to summarise, i:
  1. went to the launch of this report and there were ministers of the crown there and salmon puffs. personally i was more interested in the puffs, but i made nice with the suits and even flirted with a blind man.
  2. walked along the waterfront in the sun.
  3. swam in oriental bay - i did handstands too, even though i had intended to keep my hair dry tonight.
  4. had a spa at freyberg pool. it is a communal spa and the man with the underwear instead of togs nearly put me off. but it was just so warm and relaxing the underwear man became irrelevant.
  5. dinner at sandwiches. as well as cocktails. although my mouth is swelling the way it does when i eat tomatoes. i wonder if there was something particularly acidic in my pizza (pizza at sandwiches? it just seemed so right). both cocktails and pizza were delicious and that decor! even with duct tape holding the seating together it was just a pleasure being there.
  6. leaving notes on the car windshields of hot men. or just men. whatever, i was drunk after sandwiches. everything seemed like a good idea.
  7. came home and ate schoc chocolate (walnut and coffee - farcken amazing combination)
  8. discovered that not only was their a marie claire magazine (new) on the couch but that ten years of nineties one hit wonders was on tele. 1990 was vanilla ice (pictured). it was awesome to watch but it annoys me when the term one hit wonder becomes meaningless. so, for example, my homeboy vanilla had at least two hits, the second being play that funky music. similarly the one hit wonder for 93: 4 non blondes ignores the value of their song joey, which is actually my favourite of their songs. but this is me arguing the details. the actual net result was a great television night.

and NOW i'm preparing to watch the final disc of season two of full house (fyi season two of gilmore girls is over for me. it was so great and i'm in love with both christopher and luke). honestly, best day in history. i'm so glad that weekends aren't my only fun time.

3 comments:

Off-Black said...

I thought Joey was a Concrete Blonde song unless 4 non Blondes have a song with that title also.

Joanna said...

Off-black beat me to it.

Also, do you get the impression that every single list that c4 does is merely an excuse to show 'Ice Ice Baby' yet again?

Homeperm said...

serves me right for letting gracenotes automatically upload track names onto itunes when i get cds out of the library. how embarrassment.