inspired by a coworker, these are the days of my life...

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

oh cruel time! how you have marched on so swift! one day i was like twenty two and the next day i'm like STARING DOWN THE DARK, COLD, BARREL OF THIRTY. eek.

here is how i look on my last day of my twenties.


dreary.

well not really, that dreary feeling is more internalised.

anyway, even despite the dreary feeling, i'm on a high.

this weekend i had a party. sort of. the sort of is to emphasise that i only invited like thirteen people. turns out it is a lucky number because my party was AWESOME. as was my singstar singing. i've convinced people in my team that i need to show them just how good i am and so i'm taking my playstation to work on friday. well at least that is the story. i might chicken out. because (secretly)... i'm crap. plus by then i will be thirty. positively middle aged. it could be quite sad to watch now i think about it.

tomorrow i'm taking the day off. so i do not have to go around passively aggressively demanding everyone take note of The Occassion. it is a weight of my shoulders i tell you what. i'm also going to be a lady of leisure and buy myself little treats that LAUGH in the face of a recession. think mac beauty products and manicures.

the cherry on the top is family time. my mother has already reminded me the exact time i was born. needless to say, i'll be sleeping through the five thirty one am milestone. and my dad is being coy about our plans. i'm hoping the surprise involves my nephews. or ten pin bowling. or some serious ukelele lessons. have i mentioned i'm not very good.

anyway, right this instant i have to leave because i'm going to see notorious at the embassy in like fifteen minutes. i hope it helps me leave my twenties with a BANG.

4 comments:

strong light said...

YAY

Have a super super day!

Anonymous said...

Mac beauty products? Sounds fab, wish i could join you. happy birthday permette!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday. Party like its 1979

HQ.

Kitsunegirl said...

Happy Bday HP