inspired by a coworker, these are the days of my life...

Thursday, March 26, 2009

guess who thinks thirty is awesome? me

i love thirty because at thirty you can wear your slippers in to town. you can get a deluxe massage and drink coffee with the ex internet dater like you are a lady of leisure. at thirty you can demand the women at the mac counter give you a make over. and at thirty you can buy yourself treats like stationery and manicures. and you can eat chocolate cake in the sun at the dowse. so basically what i'm saying is thirty is THE age to be.

apart from how i have some kind of romantic love for all of my friends right now, i'm so madly in love with my family that i might actually explode. in fact that is why i have a headache right now. thinking about their choiceness is making my head hurt. they threw me a surprise party. sure, there were awkward moments. but mostly not. mostly there were gifts and gossip. and family jokes being shared left right and centre. and handmade gifts from ryles (it was a volcano. apparently). and it was all topped off with a sound of music birthday cake. ie perfection.

tomorrow i will come crashing down to earth. well, perhaps i will. i also think there is a chance i will hook up with one of the kings of leon at their concert on friday night, thus beginning my thirties as a shameless groupie. the next robin reynolds if you will. new zealand will have cause to be proud.

good lord, me turning thirty will probably be not just good for me but for all of new zealand. this is a truly magical day.

No comments: